Bringing you this 3-part online evening workshop
What is LAMP?
Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP) is a therapeutic approach based on neurological and motor learning principles.
The goal is to provide individuals a method of independently and spontaneously expressing themselves in any setting.
The LAMP approach can be used with both Unity® & Words for Life.
Click here to see our event flyer
Define the role of readiness to learn and shared focus in the implementation of AAC with children with Autism
Explain the importance of using motor patterning to develop motor automaticity for children with ASD who use AAC and how this relates to AAC systems.
- Identify some strategies that can be used to support AAC with children with Autism.
Who is This Workshop For?
This event is targeted at professionals working with people who use AAC. However, it is appropriate for anyone who is keenly interested in learning more about LAMP, or who is already using the LAMP approach.
Attendees may be parents, carers, therapists, educators, education support, or university students who have some knowledge of AAC. This workshop focuses on the LAMP therapy approach.
- This is a live, online workshop delivered via Zoom.
- This online workshop replicates Day 1 of the 2-day workshop that has previously been run face to face.
- This workshop is run over 3 sessions, for 6 hours of total content.
- Attendance at all 3 sessions is required to complete the training.
- We will not be recording this event as videos of children are shown.
- You do not need to have a device running LAMP WFL on it for this workshop.
Thursday 22nd April. 7-9pm AEST* check your timezone below
Thursday 29th April. 7-9pm AEST
Thursday 6th May. 7-9pm AEST
QLD/ NSW/ ACT/ VIC/ TAS: 7pm
SA/ NT: 6:30pm
About the Presenter
Leanna Fox trained as a Speech Pathologist at Sydney University. She has been working in the area of complex communication needs since 2004 both abroad and locally. Her current role at Liberator Pty Ltd includes providing clinical services in the area of disability including therapy, supervision and training regarding AAC.
AGOSCI has proudly partnered with Liberator to present this information and would like to acknowledge Liberator's ongoing support and sponsorship of AGOSCI's education and events calendar.
AGOSCI is an independent body and does not endorse individual products or brands.
- AGOSCI acknowledges the presence and contributions of all suppliers and resources available in the Australian AAC marketplace.
Registration and Cancellation Policy
Registration is only confirmed upon full payment of fee. To access the discounted rate for members you must be logged into your AGOSCI member account prior to registration.
Please Note* All Paypal registrations incur a 3.5% Paypal fee that can't be refunded
- 100% refund until 60 days before event.
- 50% refund between 8-59 days before event.
- No refunds within 0-7 days before event start date.
Applications for registrations are subject to final approval by AGOSCI to ensure fair and equal access to events across organisations. Waitlist registrations will be taken upon all positions being filled.